Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

June 8, 2014

Sharing Memories Week 23: Ooh La La, That First Crush

Sharing Memories Week 23: Ooh La La, That First Crush
Join us for Sharing Memories - A Genealogy Journey We focus on memories of our parents, grandparents and others. We write for our children and grandchildren, that the memories are not lost over time. I hope you are keeping a journal, whether it is private or public, and joining us as we write our memoirs.

Today's prompt is "Ooh La La, That First Crush" Who was your first crush? Someone you knew? A movie star? Singer? The cool guy next door? 

I was kind of stuck on the guy next door - he was one of those bad boys that all we girls seem to be attracted to at a certain age. When we were little we used to sit on opposite sides of our shared driveway and throw rocks at each other. First to cry was the loser. Guess who lost every time? 

He was also the boy who handcuffed me to his side while we played "Cops & Robbers". We were the robbers and we climbed up on the roof to escape. He decided to jump, I hesitated and whomp - one sprained wrist later...

When we were young teens I thought he was pretty cool with his slicked back greasy hair and kiss curl in the middle of his forehead, leather jacket and jeans. I guess he figured it out because he talked me into stealing cigarettes for him. I don't know whose I took but it had to be from a family member. I'd never have actually "stolen" something from a store! 

Silly me. I thought he'd like me if I was cool too. Eventually I figured out he thought I was a nerdy geek and I realized he was a loser. End of crush!

No comments: